Friday, August 13, 2010

BUYER BEWARE: amiclubwear.com



BUYER BEWARE: amiclubwear

Okay, so usually I look up a company before I order anything. But sometimes I forget, this was the case here. I was looking for The Parker by Hypnotic. It's a very cute shoe that can be seen on the feet of many celebrities. The celebrity factor is not why I wanted the shoes. If you have read my previous posts you will see I am a member of Just Fabulous and Shoe Dazzle. On the main page of Shoe Dazzle there is this cute pair or turquoise studded heels. I didn't even know the name of them but after some searching I found similar pairs. This is wear amiclubwear.com comes into play. They had a pair marked down to $16. In my haste to get the shoes I didn't search the site.

It turns out that there are many complaints against this company. That is the first red flag. When I order my shoes (I got 5 pairs) I put in the shipping code but it didn't take. I didn't notice this until after I made my purchase. I immediately called the customer service number and after waiting for 10 minutes was told they could not help me and they were unable to cancel the order. Excuse me! The site says it can cancel and modify orders until 2pm pacific time. Now granted I made my order a little after 2pm pacific time but I called within minutes so it couldn't have been processed yet. That was a flat out lie. Red flag number 2. After reading the policy I called back and asked for a supervisor but the customer service woman would not transfer me. Instead she said she would sent my request to the refund department (they don't have their own number) and they would email me back but there's not guarantee that I will get my money back. Any decent company would honor a code if you call within minutes of your order the fact that they make you jump through hoops is red flag number 3.

After reading so many comments about customers not being refunded money, not having their order shipped, or having parts of their order shipped with items missing and no refund for those missing items as made me realize that I need to pay better attention to where I am ordering from. Hopefully, I will get my refund for the shipping, all of my items and be on my way. Regardless, I will not order from this site again. The fact that the customer service rep lied to me is enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth. There are people who have said they haven't had any problems. Some of them I think work for the company but some I do think are legit. If you order from this site just be aware that if there are issues that arises with your order you many not get a satisfactory response back.

Update!

I received all of my shoes on time. Did not receive my shipping refund but I reeally didn't think that I would. I am not sure that I will order from this company again. There are just too many complaints against them. As well as the customer service rep telling me a straight out lie. If you use this company just make sure you check everything before actually paying. Any mistakes with this company and your money is as good as gone!

No comments: