Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vocabulary - Stiletto

Vocabulary - Stiletto

I thought it would be nice to start posting fashion lingo and vocabulary. I love to research and so I often will just have something pop into my mind and then start to search for things related to it. The word that hit me today was Stiletto.



If you love heels like me than the word is a familiar one. Not everyone woman who wear heels wear stilettos but I have not met a woman that has not, at some point, admired a pair. There's a history behind the word stiletto but for our purposes we will say that a stiletto is simply a high heel shoe where the heel is very slender. The ending tip of the heel should be a half inch or smaller.

I use to find stilettos hard to walk in. Mostly because of the weight I had gained. Now that I have lost a bit of weight and still losing (yay!) I find them easier to wear. However, the slender heels does make it a bit tricky to stand for long periods of time and to walk in. Practice, that's the key with this type of heel.

No comments: